Friday, February 13, 2009

Dinner Idea

A friend Brook (follow the link to Our Journey under My Blog List) posted some good recipes on her blog that I can't wait to try so I thought I would do the same. Also I love getting recipes so if you want to follow along that would be great!

This recipe is for Mexican Roast. It sounds strange but it is so good!

needed:
chuck roast
7 oz can of green chilies
1/2 a package of taco seasoning
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon of beef bouillon
1 teaspoon of sugar

Brown the roast in a deep pan (with a little oil) on each side.
Pour in all of the ingredients into the pot and let simmer for 2 - 2 1/2 hours
Thicken it however you want it at the end (I usually mix a little flour and water then pour it in)
Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.

No comments: