Sunday, April 5, 2009

Payton's First Birthday Party (part 1)

Here are some pics from Payton's 1st birthday party. She had so much fun!! Thank you to everyone who came! I know Payton enjoyed her party. She loves her gifts so much!! She has been playing and playing! Of course I can't decide what clothes to put her in next! She got a ton of toys, books and probably 30 outfits. We have another party this weekend for a couple of my second cousins and Payton (also the Easter Bunny will be coming). So there is more fun to come!!



All dressed up for the party!



Woops...I just noticed the candle was backwards...that's typical of me! ha-ha (read the story at the bottom)



Opening a gift





So excited!!

Eating her first piece of cake!

Ahh...you can tell she loved it!!

My niece and nephew Sydney and Zach having fun on the swing set!


Showing off her new dress!

Playing with some of her new toys!





This is Gizmo. He is 10 years old and a little grouchy but he is so good with Payton. He bites her to get her to leave but really he just puts his teeth on her and she laughs....anyways I thought this pic was too cute!!
Ok and for the story...
The night before the party I made Payton her own cake so that she could have something bigger than a cupcake to dig into. It was really cute I must add. ha ha
Anyways I didn't have a way to cover it once I decorated so I put it on the oven on a plastic cutting board over night. Then the day of the party I started making cupcakes. I pre heated the oven and didn't even think about her darn cake. So I started smelling plastic melting and then remembered it. When I went to check it it looked just as you can imagine. The icing was dripping from it the cutting board was dripping it was a MESS!!! So I decided to go get her one of the little cakes from the grocery store. Before I could go get it Daddy appeared with a big cake! It was so sweet of him!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im lovin the tutu outfit!!!
and that sucks about ur cake!! sounds like something i would def do!!

The Birkes said...

Awe!!!!! those pictures are SOOOOOOOOO cute!! Wheres the picture of the black 1? haha!!

Brandi Burden said...

I couldn't get a good picture of it. haha

Kathy said...

Oh wow!!! So hard to believe that she is one!! Happy Birthday Payton!!!

BrittneyCB said...

I loooove the cupcake stand! Where did u get it?

Brandi Burden said...

Thanks!! I am not really sure where it came from...it was a gift. =)