Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Surgery and a Sick Baby

Well Grady had to have ANOTHER surgery yesterday. We went to Waco to get the Neurologist to take a look at his back because it was still hurting him and it was not healing well. We just thought he would send us home with some antibiotics. WRONG!! The doc said he needed to go have another surgery to clean out some infection. So we were stunned and headed to the hospital Payton and all. My mom came up and got her for the night and I stayed there with Grady. The surgery went well. The doctor said the infection wasn't too deep or anything. Right now we are just waiting on the Infectious Disease doctor to come in to let us know whats next. According to the Neuro doc it will most likely be a picc line so that he can have antibiotics intravenously for 6 weeks. It will either be that or oral antibiotics which would be much better but unlikely. We are keeping our fingers crossed that he gets to come home tomorrow. But if not thats ok. We just want him well!
So now I am home with Payton tonight (poor Grady is at the hospital by himself) because she is getting sick. I came home from the hospital to see her for a little bit and to take a shower but when I got here she was really fussy and had a low fever. There was no way I could leave her here while she is sick and Grady wanted me here with her. Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh no Brandi!!! I hope and pray that things get easier for you soon and that everyone gets better fast!

S. Brook Bell said...

I am so sorry!! You guys are in our prayers!!!!!!!!!